In case you are utilizing Google Forms to create and provide tests in your class, you must be aware that students have sorted out different approaches to “cheat” to improve their grade. In any case, you can quit cheating on Google Form by implementing a portion of these top tricks. While Google Form can make an educator’s life simpler, a system which allows the formation of tests, it can likewise create an opportunity to cheat. All things considered, if you take the essential precautions mentioned below, it’s well worth utilizing. You can utilize a huge range of pre-composed tests and formats, making it simpler to set a test without utilizing huge prep time.
- 0.1 Before we go into the approaches to avoid cheating, know about some of the ways in which students attempt to cheat in Google Forms:
- 1 5 WAYS TO AVOID CHEATING IN GOOGLE FORMS
Before we go into the approaches to avoid cheating, know about some of the ways in which students attempt to cheat in Google Forms:
- Open a tab to look into answers
- Review your form test before class to look into answers
- Send test questions to their peers
- Share answers with your peers
- Take screenshots of the test questions
- View the HTML page source to discover answers
- Taking a look at their peer’s screen to choose answers
- Right-click on words to check definitions and spelling
- Share answers with your classmates on groups
- Note down answers on their hand or paper
5 WAYS TO AVOID CHEATING IN GOOGLE FORMS
- SHUFFLE THE ANSWER OPTIONS TO BLOCK SCREEN CREEPERS
When you are creating a multiple-choice question, click on the icon of the “snowman” at the bottom-right corner. It will showcase the “shuffle option order” option. This option helps you randomize the order of your answers in the test question.
This option of shuffling the answer options will act as a hindrance for “screen creepers” to copy from their classmates.
2. UTILIZE PAGE SECTIONS TO PUT A BARRIER ON ASSESSMENT PREVIEWS
Adding sections to your questions prevents students from reviewing the question paper before the class starts. This is one of the most common issues faced when conducting tests.
You can even add a password to your question to prevents students from going forward until you are ready. In order to design your tests, you can set up a password.
- YOU CAN UTILIZE PAGE BREAKS IN ORDER TO CREATE DIFFERENT ASSESSMENT PATHS
Since Google Forms doesn’t have a feature of question bank to create a variety of assessments for every student. However, you can automate a similar experience.
You can add a series of upgraded multiple choice questions and add a go-to rule to direct the students to a different section, based on their answers to the questions.
4. ASK BETTER QUESTIONS TO AVOID CHEATING
There is a wide range of questions which you can add to your tests. By broadening the type of questions which you can add makes it difficult for the students to cheat.
You can consider a variety of types like:
- Matching Questions
- Reading Passage
- Sequence Questions
- Video Questions
- Images Questions
- Free Response/Short Answer
5. ENABLE THE “LOCKED QUIZ” MODE
Locked quiz mode is one which prevents the students from accessing any external resources while taking the test. This protects the integrity of the test.
If you use a combination of these tips and tricks, you have done your part and can design tests.